I knew nothing of the essential oil world when I joined. Just all my other nurse friends were jumping in and chatting about their oils,,, their sleepy potions, the wild orange + peppermint experience, slathering in frankincense and always rolling these crazy things on throughout our night shift.… Six years ago, I didn’t realize there was such a difference in quality. Why doTERRA and heck I didn't even know there were other company's selling oils too,,, or you could buy them everywhere.. So the research began... As I began researching all the different essential oil companies, there were several things that anchored me into doTERRA that I’ll share with you here.
I was drawn to their vision of offering the absolute PUREST essential oil in the world, while upgrading our healthcare system + empowering every home to have the tools to live a natural health lifestyle. The way we live, the choices we make, the products we use, the food we eat, the company we keep etc ...
it’s an expression of our core beliefs
You’ll be amazed at how the quality of doTERRA oils support your body in healing + solve every day problems that pop up. Here’s an ebook of things you will do with the Top 10 Oils
doTERRA is the largest essential oil + wellness company in the world with over 8 million customers.
here’s why: The co-impact sourcing model:
The the way that doTERRA sources is actually the most expensive way to do it … but it’s the right way. They source globally where the plants are meant to grow and not only that, they work WITH the farmers there to create a better economy. There is a dark shadow in the essential oil industry where most brands are using middle men to rob the global farmers of their potential. doTERRA’s model creates global abundance. You’ll want to read look around on Source to You (This website causes a disturbance for other essential oil companies because it demands a level of transparency they are not currently willing to provide)
Their purity standard:
There is no governing body overseeing the essential oil industry. So that means there is no reason for a brand to be honest about what is in that bottle of 100% pure frankincense they’re selling for $7. This is why doTERRA created the Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade stamp of quality (CPTG) so that you know doTERRA stands for having the highest quality, highest purity and most sustainably sourced essential oil in the world.
The leadership + culture:
The integrity within the culture of doTERRA begins with the 7 owners that make up the executive team and then it circulates throughout the highest levels of leadership ranks within doTERRA. You’ll notice a theme of alignment, conscious leadership + integrity here.
When you begin the journey of self leadership + empowerment with your health … you will discover that a whole world of opportunity exists for you that you didn’t see before ❤
Essential Oils are made from plants for physical and emotional benefits. They are distilled from leaves, flowers, tree bark, seeds, or rind of fruit in concentrated amounts. Typically one drop of a dōTERRA® essential oil has a powerful effect making them affordable at just pennies per drop! View a short video clip introducing essential oils HERE.
You will soon learn that there are hundreds of ways to use dōTERRA® essential oils, including relaxation, personal hygiene, household cleaning, cooking, and supporting a healthy body. Every oil has at least one of three application methods: Aromatic, Topical, or Internal.
For Aromatic Use~ Breathe in or use a diffuser to open up airways, improve mood, or freshen the air.
For Topical Use ~ Use a carrier oil when applying to bottoms of feet or affected areas to target specific needs.
For Internal Use ~ Drop in water, under the tongue, or in a veggie capsule to support mouth, throat, digestive system, or overall health.
What are some basic safety tips?
1) Photosensitivity- No sunbathing after applying citrus essential oils. Citrus oils are sensitive to the sun since they are made from the rind of the fruit. Avoid direct sunlight to the exposed area for at least 12 hours of that location may have skin irritation or burn. Oils applied underneath clothing should be fine.
2) Hot Oils - If it starts to burn, skip the water. Use a carrier oil or whole fat milk. Because essential oils don't mix with water, applying water to the area can actually drive the burn in deeper. Ouch!
3) Avoid These Areas - Never put essential oils in your eyes, inside the ear canal, or up nose. However, you may apply oils around the eye bone in a C shape, on ear cartilage and behind ear bone, or diffuse essential oils.
4) Dilution - Use a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil when applying essential oils topically to avoid skin sensitization.
5) Safe Storage - The majority of all adverse reactions to essential oils by children have been as a direct result of accidental overdose and ingestion in large amounts. Keep out of reach of children. Use childproof safety caps.
What are the most commonly used essential oils and their uses? Below are the most popular essential oils doTERRA offers. Click on each bottle below to enjoy 1-min informational video clips.
Please note - The statements found throughout this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.